question

Juraj Nikolov avatar image
Juraj Nikolov asked

Pylontech US3000C low SOC versus Voltage

Hi,

the batteries started showing SOC 17% but the voltage is 48.52V, the SmartShunt showed 35%, I disconnected the whole system, turned off the batteries, started the system but it still shows SOC 17%. After restarting the SmartShunt shows 100% ok, that's not a problem, it's set up that way so it doesn't bother me.

What I don't quite understand is why the pylontech suddenly started showing 17% but the voltage shows 48.5V SmartShunt before the restart showed 35% the voltage was 48.7V, I trust SmartShunt more than the BMS measurement :) .

For about 1/2 year the values were almost the same (pylon vs smartshunt), the difference was only a few tenths of volts.

I've been draining the batteries below 30%, so I'm a bit confused. Are you looking for a fault in the batteries or somewhere else? I'm confused that the BMS voltage shows fine, +- also measures the MPII, SmartShunt and BMS voltages :)

If these cells were faulty, I assume the voltage would be lower. Am I thinking wrong?...

Thanks for help.

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Juraj Nikolov avatar image
Juraj Nikolov answered ·

Voltage vs. SOCcapture.jpg

capture.jpg (52.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.