question

allaboutsolar avatar image
allaboutsolar asked

AC Coupled Fronius + Dc Coupled + INV CHG + Lithium Hybrid anyone set this up advice appreciated.

Can quattro manage Lithium Batteries and also sell dc coupled input when batteries reach float along with AC Coupled on output side to charge batteries in grid failure.

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Quattro can do this, but you need a CCGX or Venus GX to do all the management. This will be an ESS system. Also the DC coupled PV will need to use a Victron MPPT so that it can be managed properly. AC coupled PV must not exceed the capacity of the Quattro, 1:1 rule.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

allaboutsolar avatar image allaboutsolar commented ·

Thanks W, so if I select pv on the CCGX it will give me a break down of export of multiple dc coupled mppts and the fronius or just the total.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ allaboutsolar commented ·

On the CCGX you get a breakdown of the day's yeild and additional information from multiple DC coupled Victron MPPT's from today to the last 30 days.
For totals (all DC plus AC coupled) you can get this from the VRM online.
I cannot comment on Fronius becuase I don't have one on my system. Maybe someone else knows this.

0 Likes 0 ·
allaboutsolar avatar image allaboutsolar wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks W..

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

You will get seperate production readings for the DC and Fronius AC PV in VRM.

I strongly suggest you read the ESS manual before undertaking this design. It should explain what the behaviour of the system, and the information that is provided.

You will also find a lot of useful information in the Fronius AC-coupled solar manual.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic