question

Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir asked

Multiplus 2 - 48v set up

I am new to the domestic battery / inverter technology and just need to help on setting up my Multiplus 2.

1. I have so far connected everything up and downloaded, then uploaded the ESS program to all me to schedule the times it charges.
  2. I want to check a few thinks.
  3. 1. The MP states - “blocked” when I don’t have the MK3 attached.
  4. 2. there is a constant low battery alarm. The batteries are new Plylontech us500 x 5 and 1 x us 3000. Some of the batteries have a red alarm light which I assume is something to do with their balance charge.
  • I’ve set a schedule to charge them, 00:30 for 4 hours and also a test time but that doesn’t seem to start them up. In the VE Config I said they were LIFOs with other BMS, should I have said VE Bus?

I’m going to switch the batteries on to see if they equalise. That’s about it for now.

48v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Have you followed this doc to the letter?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

The mk3 and the gx cannot be connected simultaneously.

The pylon operating manual also has specific instructions for mixing models.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir answered ·

Yea I think I’m ok with the way they are installed.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic