question

minmin avatar image
minmin asked

Parallel smart MPPT 75/15 - load output master or all

Hello all,

For my setup I have gone with running 3 (yes, lol) smart MPPT 75/15's (due to different orientation and panel sizes so they can cover my entire van roof)

I have read that they will work nicely in parallel after being linked via bluetooth and the BMV 712 smart monitor/shunt to coordinate them). It seems difficult to see info on what to do with the load outputs. I am wondering if I just select one to be the load output "master", or if I need to link all three of them to my load?

Any additional reading and info is most appreciated,

thanks!

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Paralleling the outputs would be very tricky. It'll be difficult to match all the wiring to ensure that current sharing is equal over all of the outputs.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

minmin avatar image minmin commented ·
I was thinking that as well. I guess i just make one have the output and the others don't get to be an output.

Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Use the load output of one MPPT to trigger a bigger relay or BatteryProtect if your load needs more than 15A.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic