question

rvicev avatar image
rvicev asked

MultiPlus II Aux1 and Aux2 ports

I have searched the Victron website, MultiPlus documentation and this forum, but seem unable to find a proper specification of the Aux1 and Aux2 ports on the MultiPlus.

Whilst the auxiliary relay and K-relay (actually this is a transistor, and not a relay) are well explained in Margreet Leeftink´s webinar on Assistants https://professional.victronenergy.com/online-training/16/, I could only find some vague statements on the Aux1/2 ports (MultiPlus II documentation, under ¨Special notes regarding AS 4777.2 (Australia/NZ)¨ it says : ¨The maximum voltage that may be present between the terminals of port AUX1 is 5 V¨ and somewhere on this community forum there is a mention that these ports are 0-5V. In some places they are referred to as inputs, elsewhere as I/O ports.

Am I right to assume that :

a) the ´+´ on the Aux1 and Aux2 ports provides +5V output ?

b) there is an internal pull-up resistor, so that when nothing is connected you should measure (close to) +5V between ´+´ en ´-´ and if you bridge the ´+´ and ´-´, it results in 0V (i.e. and external circuit effectively consisting of just a wire bridge and nothing else) ?

c) the T-sense and V-sense, as well as the ´remote´ ports on other Victron devices function in a similar way (0-5V) ?

Also, how many mA do these ports support ? 100 mA, like the K-´relay´ ?

aux 1
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rvicev avatar image
rvicev answered ·

Thanks @Alexandra. The K1- (en K2-, if present) relays are indead open collectors (or simply transistors, as Margreet Leeftink explains in here webinar.

The Aux1 and Aux2 are not : on the 4th page of the 3rd link you provided it shows that they are 0-5V I/O ports with and internal 10 kOhm pull-up resistor – so that´s confirmed.

I somehow missed that post – very useful.

Let´s assume that these ports also have a max allowable current of 100 mA (similar to the K-relay(s)), and that the T-sense, V-sense as well as the ´remote´ ports on other devices function in a similar fashion ….

(Victron should really provide a proper spec …..)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic