question

wolfgang-huse avatar image
wolfgang-huse asked

Adding support to additional BLE Thermometer, (VELib issue)

Hello, in the past i created some software which could use BLE to read Data from Victron Devices... Now i wanted to add a new Thermometer (Thermoplus clones) to dbus-ble-sensors but as velib is private i cannot build a new driver... Who may help me with this issue ?

Regards,

Wolfgang

Bluetooth Low Energy - BLE
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
robsweet avatar image
robsweet answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) may be able to help you with access to the private library you'd need, if that development is something Victron wants to incorporate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wolfgang-huse answered ·

Yes, hope this is possible… I understand why velib is private but this hurts so much when someone just wants to add some features to his own installation.

Maybe in the future it may be possible to use a pre compiled version of their lib.

2 |3000

wolfgang-huse answered ·

As i don´t have access to velib and also no answer from @mvader (Victron Energy) i tried to work around this and use the bluetooth stack from python... hcitool is working but i can´t get a bluetooth-stack in python up and running. Anybody does this before ?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic