question

jon-lowbank avatar image
jon-lowbank asked

AC Cooling power needed for inverters

Hi I am designing a sealed and insulated room for 9 x 15kW Quattro inverters. and are looking at what size AC I would need to keep things cool.

Inverters could be running at full power for up to an hour at a time. What would be a reasonable Quattro efficiency rating, to size a air conditioners cooling power?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Jon, oh sorry! I read your question too quickly.

See here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/technical-information

There is a detailed document on calculating efficiency.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Jon, the way to approach this is to look at the efficiency data of the quattros. All lost power is converted into heat; and that is what you need to cool. Take some extra margin, and make sure to add battery efficiency in case they are in the same room.

Hope that helps! Matthijs

2 |3000

jon-lowbank avatar image
jon-lowbank answered ·

Hi Matthijs

My Question is what would the worst case efficiency be at higher loads?

I realise maximum efficiency is 96% but don't think this is the best figure to use.

Regards Jon

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic