question

icarus avatar image
icarus asked

How do I connect a Multiplus and MPPT with Pylontech

Do I connect the smart solar MPPT controller directly to my Pylontech us2000 battery or firstly to my Multiplus ii? If it’s the battery first where on the Pylontech do I do this as it’s already attached to the inverter via the customised Pylontech cables. Thank you.

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

A GX device running Venus is also required for Pylontech.

There is a complete system wiring diagram that shows MPPT, Multi and Solar connections here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

icarus avatar image icarus commented ·

Thanks I already have a Venus GX ,the issue I need clarification is in relation to the actual physical points of connection between the smart solar MPPT and the pylontech us2000b batteries. The batteries are already connected to the Multiplus ii and I cannot see a space to connect the charge controller. Is it a case of requiring a designated dc box too? Your diagram would seem to indicate this.. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, a DC distributor of some kind is strongly recommended.

Victron sells the Lynx Power-In and lynx distributor product, though any copper bar with fused connections is also often used.

Connecting the MPPT to the same lugs back to back with a standoff on the Multiplus-II is possible, though opens the potential for a poor connection.

0 Likes 0 ·
georgelza avatar image
georgelza answered ·

is there a short document listing all the settings required to be configured for VenusGX for the Pylontech US2000 Plus batteries?

Like to check everything.

G

1 comment
2 |3000