question

jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie asked

scheduled charging feature

Hi everybody

I'm discovering the scheduled charging feature from ESS assistant and found out that it it mainly switch to "keep battery charged" even if the SOC isn't below setpoint : roughly useless in an ESS configuration

The only way to get what everybody would expect from this feature (keeping ESS working as it should except if SOC is below setpoint in the time span set) is to use Venus Large and node red.

Is any plan scheduled to "adjust" this feature without having to start learning node red?

thank you in advance for any advice

battery chargingESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
enodev avatar image
enodev answered ·

I am facing the similar issue I think. Scheduled charging setup from 1am to 3am to leave at 3am with 30% SOC, and when I enter at 1am with 70% SOC, the algorithm will keep powering everything from grid despite having enough battery to ignore scheduled charging completely.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

magnusb avatar image
magnusb answered ·

facing the same issue - not sure what the thinking behind this is. If this is indeed intentionaly and not a bug, I would suggest to offer a switch that allows to change this behaivior and allow discharging if SOC is above the minimal level.

2 |3000

magnusb avatar image
magnusb answered ·

facing the same issue - not sure what the thinking behind this is. If this is indeed intentionaly and not a bug, I would suggest to offer a switch that allows to change this behaivior and allow discharging if SOC is above the minimal level.

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@MagnusB The latest firmware takes care of it.

1689575507834.png

1689575507834.png (455.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

ericl avatar image ericl commented ·
This problem occurs here as well.

0 Likes 0 ·