question

Steve Mullins avatar image
Steve Mullins asked

My Multiplus 12/3000 is randomly disconnecting from AC input.

508cb1caec7d_inst_ttyO1_Interfaces_Mk2_Tunnel.zipMy Multiplus 12/3000 is disconnecting from the AC input, even though the input appears to be ok. The system connected for a few minutes, and was charging the batteries as well as supplying AC power. but it then disconnected. It would connect for a split second every few minutes then disconnect again. I have a power protection system which shows the AC input as being ok. I also have the Multiplus restricted to 14A input. The multiplus and Color Controller show no alarms or errors, and the lights on the front of the inverter all appear ok showing no errors. Any ideas what could be causing this, or what else I could try? I have attached a copy of the current VEConfig file I exported from VRM remote.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Steve Mullins avatar image
Steve Mullins answered ·

The issue was with the power source, not the inverter. I found a faulty surge protector was causing the disconnects. The inverter did its job, though it would help to have a history of voltage coming in from the AC input.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks for the update.

0 Likes 0 ·
gs-nz avatar image
gs-nz answered ·

I've been using my Multiplus for over 2 years now (the same amount of time as the original post, so sorry about resurrecting it), and today is the first time I had this very issue.

I'm in a rather remote place, with what-it-seems bad grid supply. Multiplus keeps disconnecting from the AC grid, but for no apparent reason. No alerts, no errors, no nothing. I'm watching the input AC voltages, current and frequencies, and they're all within what is expected.

I'm also suspecting "bad" grid supply. I managed to remote config to enable weak-AC, with no success.

So as Steve mentioned, some kind of a log/message/alert about why the Multiplus keeps disconnecting would be great. Is this in the pipeline?

2 |3000

nathan-day avatar image
nathan-day answered ·

I'm also experiencing this. The power company were out a few days ago after an outage and the Multiplus has been sporadically to connecting to the grid since and now not at all. Voltage and Frequency to the unit is within tolerance, but no current draw.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic