question

lintech avatar image
lintech asked

Multi RS Solar AC Input disconnect until low battery voltage

The Multi RS Solar uses about 250W with AC1-IN connected, is there a setting that will only connect AC1-IN if battery voltage goes low?

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
energie-utechnik avatar image
energie-utechnik answered ·

Abend lintech,

wie hast du das genau herausgemessen?

viele Grüße Dan

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Guten Abend @Energie u.Technik

Please could you reply to the questions in the same language that they were asked. If you need to use a translator, that would be acceptable.

Danke schoen.

0 Likes 0 ·
lintech avatar image
lintech answered ·

Von externem Zähler

2 |3000

mondeoman avatar image
mondeoman answered ·

In another discussion thread, you showed a picture of a meter indicating 1.36 Amps.

In Alternating Current circuits, 1.36 Amps does not always correspond to 312.8W. It could correspond to only 25W. This is because AC circuits also carry Reactive Power back-and-forth between supply and consumer. So if you measre 230V and 1.36 A, the most you can say is that you measured an APPARENT power of 312.8 VA (Volt-Ampere). But you don't know how much of it is active power (Watt) and how much is reactive power (measured in VAR). The ratio of active to apparent power (W / VA) is called the power factor and is a characteristic of the load. Residential customers are billed only for the active energy used. Industrial customers are typically penalised for low power factor.

Grid-connected inverters use reactive power to detect if they are connected to the grid. It's part of the active anti-islanding protection required by IEC 62116:2014. The following is a quote from the documentation of another inverter:

The reactive current component injected by the inverter changes periodically (a reactive current pattern cap. and ind. with no reactive power on average). The reaction of the frequency on this reactive current pattern is measured and analyzed. In case of grid connection the grid frequency will not be influenced by the change in reactive current. In case of an island operation the reactive current pattern causes a change in frequency. The analysis of the measured frequency pattern clearly indicates the island and the inverter trips.

2 |3000

lintech avatar image
lintech answered ·

@MondeoMan Hmmm, after reading your comment I went back to the external meter and checked the values and was surprised to find the values as what would be expected. Watts were 5.6W, Amps 1.16A and PF at 1.00. I now understand where I got the values from. The 250W value was viewed from a completely different metering setup which still shows 250W even though the external meter is showing 5.6W. Had I looked at the watts on the external meter I would have noticed it was 5.6W and that the other metering setup shows 250W. This must be its lowest value displayed on any value above zero and below 250W. A classic example of making assumptions based on incorrect data, I concede, my error.

1 comment
2 |3000

mondeoman avatar image mondeoman commented ·

@lintech those three numbers don't seem to match. The rule is:

Volts * Amps * PF = Watts
  • If Watts and Amps are correct then PF should be 0.02
  • If Amps and PF are correct then Watts should be 266.8W
  • If Watts and PF are correct then Amps should be 0.024A
0 Likes 0 ·
lintech avatar image
lintech answered ·

@MondeoMan You will have to take that up with the meter manufacturer, I just read the values :)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic