question

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii asked

Feature request: Storm Watch like feature

Hello,
I think a Storm Watch like feature would be really cool. The ESS system actually already has everything it needs. The only thing missing is an automation to set the SOC to keep battery charged when a storm is coming.

feature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @MrYoshii,

A very useful feature indeed, while nothing to announce yet, this one is definitely on the radar.

As is the ability to automatically control charging/discharging based on local tariff pricing feeds.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

I could use lightning detection within a 10km radius.

2 |3000

jwy224 avatar image
jwy224 answered ·

I was just going to ask for this feature when it came up as already started. I have seen it called Storm Guard. Think this would be an amazing addition to the Victron Eco-system.

2 |3000

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.