question

JohanduRandt avatar image

Multiplus 3000 12V Shock on Earth and Live

Having a little shocking problem with Multiplus 3000 12v.

We are got shocked from earth so we removed it. Now we getting shocked from live. I disconnected everything from inverter. Tested between live on inverter and any disconnected earth and got voltages between 40V and 150V. Any ideas?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
WKirby avatar image

IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING, GET AN ELECTRICIAN IN!!

A POORLY WIRED MULTIPLUS CAN KILL!

I would have an electrician inspect the wiring in the first place. It seems that your earth is not referenced properly. You should never get a shock from touching earth if is it connected properly to earth. You should never disconnect the earth wire from the MultiPlus (or anything).

Make sure that the earth connection is made. What mode was the MultiPlus running in, was it connected to the grid when this happened?
If so then the bypass relay will be closed and the Earth-Neutral relay will be open. This would mean that your infrastructure wiring is faulty as the MultiPlus is not providing the earth reference. Make sure that the earth connection is intact.

Make sure that the earth connection is present.
If the grid is not connected and the MultiPlus is inverting, then the bypass relay will be open and the Earth-Neutral relay will be closed. If your earth connection is perfect (this should always be the case) then the MultiPlus will be referencing the Neutral to Earth and only the live terminal will be live with respect to earth.

AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY PART OF THIS, TURN IT OFF AND GET AN ELECTRICIAN IN!


Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.