question

mikegleasonjr avatar image
mikegleasonjr asked

BlueSolar PWM Pro Serial Protocol

Hi,

I want to expose the data within my BlueSolar PWM Pro to my local network and store some data points in prometheus and visualize them over time using grafana.

I believe it is using a custom protocol using the RS485 serial interface.

Must I reverse engineer the protocol myself or it is documented and open source somewhere?

It is possible since the Windows program and the PWM Controller (https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/3830/pwm-controller.html) are able to talk to the charge controller.

BlueSolar PWM
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikegleasonjr avatar image mikegleasonjr commented ·

So I checked the protocol, which seems like MODBUS RTC with regular and sometimes custom function codes.

I was able to intercept the calls and get the payloads but without knowing how the data is encoded it is a bit difficult to retrieve the numbers.

Any pointers?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Mike,

I am moving this to the modifications page, hopefully someone knows the answer there.

0 Likes 0 ·
mikegleasonjr avatar image mikegleasonjr Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks! (characters needed)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @mikegleasonjr, welcome to community!

On this I have to disappoint you: we don’t have that protocol available and documented. Sorry.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic