question

corny4u avatar image
corny4u asked

HTML5 App on Axiom plus 12's, upgraded to 4.1.75, The Victron App disappeared!

I was having issues connecting the Raymarine HTML5 victron app, to the CCGX, (Connected properly, as I can see the Victron devices on the NEMA 2000 list), but the Victron App failed to connect.

So I updated the Raymarine Lighthouse app to the latest version 4.1.75, and now the Victron HTML5 app disappeared from the available apps on the Raymarine 12 MSD's?!

So, anybody know where I may download the HTML5 available app from Victron for the Raymarine?

I go to the necessary links, but they are circular, Victron sends me to Raymarine, and Raymarine send me back to Victron.

software
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The Raymarine HIGH speed must be connected to the CCGX Ethernet port ONLY and you can't use that same ethernet port for the internet connection (Via a switch etc) you have to add a wifi dongle to the ccgx then connect wirelessly to a wifi hot spot. ( reason is that the raymarine is running a DHCP and if you connect directly to a hardport on a router then this also runs DHCP and you then have a DHCP conflict on the network.

Connecting STNG will not show the victron Data via the app and victron icon, It only works through the hispeed connection.

I have just updated a boat to 4.175 is the latest version and the victron Cerbo GX also on 2.90fw worked fine, I know this is not a CCGX but under his configuration there is basically no difference. except the ccgx does not have built in wifi

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

corny4u avatar image corny4u commented ·
Ok, that is interesting. Thank you for this feedback. I do have a WIFI dongle in the USB port of the CCGX, and I do have two networks on the boat. One is a Pepwave with a router and WIFI and I also have a Starlink WIFI. The CCGX is connected to the pepwave router via cable, and the wireless dongle on the CCGX is connected to the Starlink WIFI. That part has been working fine for us to view the Victron Portal. I do have a NMEA 2000 victron interface cable connected to the VE.CON port on the CCGX and then connected to the NMEA2000 backbone. There is a terminator on the CCGX as well. I thought that was what is is supposed to be. Are you saying I need to connect the Victron NMEA interface cable to the Highspeed Network port on the back of the CCGX instead? I have no problem disconnecting the cable from the router and making this change.
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @corny4u ,

It could be an Ethernet networking issue - this could still present even if NMEA2000 is working.

Probably the best way to troubleshoot is to start from the beginning of this guide, and work through it step by step until you find the point where it stops (i.e can’t see IP address) and then either correct that if you can, or report back which step you get stuck on and which was the last step that was successful.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-raymarine

6 comments
2 |3000

I understand when you launch the Victron application on the MFD (Axiom 12 we have four of them), and there is no device seen on the NMEA2000 network, it will state that no hardware was found. I understand that. But the software upgrade to the Raymarine, software version 4.1.75, is not smart enough to determine whether or not to install the Victron HTML5 application if no hardware is detected.

The victron application on all four of my glass displays was present before I did the upgrade. After I upgraded, the application actually disappeared. If I go to the Raymarine website, it has a link for the Victron app that points me to the Victron website. If I search out the information looking for the Victron application on the Victron website, it points me to Raymarine. So the problem is, trying to find the APK. I run into a circular link going nowhere. Secondly, Victron can be installed as an independent APK file, regardless if Victron products are on the NMEA2000 network.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ corny4u commented ·

Hi @corny4u,

There is no APK for the Victron App on Raymarine devices. There is nothing to install. The 'application' is a shortcut to a local URL.

When both the Raymarine and the GX device are on the same local ethernet network (connected as described in the link above via the Raynet adapter), then the Raymarine will create an icon and point it to the url http://venus.local/app/ which is a web server on the GX device that displays the app interface.

From the information above, it sounds like the devices are no longer on the same local IP address range as each other.

Did you follow my advice above step by step from the beginning to see if you could identify the step at which the issue is occurring?

1 Like 1 ·
corny4u avatar image corny4u Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I haven't been to the boat yet, I will look at it tonight. And check for conflicts in the DHCP settings, Unless they did any updates to that functionality, I will go turn DHCP off in the Axioms. Now, we have four of them, all networked together. However, I do understand that the ICON on the Axiom display is a link, to an HTML program, (I am an old school programmer in HTML and basic), which in turn responds to the IP addresses. So I do understand this stuff, but not all the ins and outs of the Raymarine NMEA communications with the Victron stuff. Yet.

One thing interesting is the Victron Icon was there and present even before I had installed any victron products on all four displays. Your explanation doesn't make sense if that was the case that it had to detect a Victron product on the network in order to be present. After the update, it all disappeared.

An APK is nothing more then the installation file for any giving application to be installed in the Raymarines, regardless of its function, whether it be an HTML code file or an executable style application. I believe the Victron HTML5 components are now missing in version 4.1.75, hence the reason the ICON is not present. That is my understanding, but if it is a call on the Victron GX to force an icon to display on the Raymarine, I can understand that.

Let me check the DHCP settings on the raymarine.

Thanks for being patent and helping.

Corny

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ corny4u commented ·

Since support was added by Raymarine and Victron the software components needed have always been bundled in with the firmware, and never been available as a seperate download - that would be why you can't find them anywhere.

There is more information this community thread that you might find useful that is specific to Raymarine networking, I don't know what version you updated from, but it definitely could be the case that some networking changes occurred during that update which now prevent the discovery (until you check them and change them back).

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/45414/raymarine-victron-app.html

I am not certain sure exactly how the Raymarine decides which apps to show, it's possible that too has changed over time, but I am not certain. There is a video here that demonstrates some other brands of MFD and how the app appears once the GX is connected and then discovered on the local network - https://youtu.be/RWdEQfYZKEs?t=16

Happy to try and help - we want this to be simple plug and play - but alas not always, so it's good to find where issues arise and if improvements can be made.

Hopefully it is straight forward once you start the connection again from the beginning on the boat and follow the instructions step by step, or at least clearer exactly where the issue is.

1 Like 1 ·
corny4u avatar image corny4u Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
We took the boat out this week to the island (catalina), and when I was out, I did turn off the DHCP, and then I lost my connection to the Camera we have installed in the engine room, (lol can't win), When I turned back on the DHCP, the camera came back. SO, I am looking at the other connections I have on the back of the CCGX for the VE.CON verses the actual ethernet port. I will be back on the boat Sunday. to do this.

Again, Thank you so much for being on top of this with me, and your patonce. Looking forward to getting this working.

Corny

0 Likes 0 ·
I also sent a message to Raymarine on this as well. Let us see what they say too.
0 Likes 0 ·
pepe1395 avatar image
pepe1395 answered ·

Hi @corny4u ,

Your CCGX device has 2 connection with the Axiom: NMEA 2000 and Raynet (i.e. Ethernet). Your NMEA connection works nicely, I think your Ethernet could have some problems because Raymarine hardware dependant apps will only appear on the Axiom homescreen once the physical hardware has been installed.

Ciao!

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes, I have connected it properly, to the VE.CON connection with a terminator in one port and a Victron NMEA2000 interface cable connected to the NMEA2000-raynet network. and I have a CCGX, two Skylla IP65 chargers, Multiplus 3k inverter, GX Tank-40 sensor and a BMV 712. I can see all these items on the Raymarine display NMEA 2000 diagnostics page. The problem is the Victron application icon is missing on the latest install of 4.1.75 for Raymarine.

As a matter of fact, it was present on the older version on all four displays, But when I upgraded to the latest version 4.1.74 from Raymarine, that Victron application completely disappeared on all four displays.

What I am looking for is the APK installation file to install that Victron Application on the Raymarine displays.

Does anybody have it?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@corny4u

As others have suggested, the only problem I can think of is with the Ethernet connection between the Axiom and the Cerbo's ethernet port. I suggest changing the Ethernet cable or even make one yourself (glad to help if you need instructions). The VE.Can to NMEA 2000 cable has nothing to do with this.

The Victron app cannot be downloaded. It will appear automatically once there is a proper Ethernet connection to the GX device. No Ethernet connection, no app.

I have an Axiom Plus 9 with software version 4.1.75 on the table right now. After the Ethernet connection has been established with the GX device, it will take a while and then the Victron app shows up, fully functional of course.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic