question

woody avatar image
woody asked

Loads show in rPi Venus RC don't add up

Hi there,

New to this community and new to Victron equipment but rather excited about the possibility...

Ive purchased a VE.Direct 800VA Inverter, BMV-702, 100/75 MPPT, 80W Polo Panel and enough USB to VE.Direct cables to plug in to a rPi. The setup is installed in my shed for now, once I've played enough, the plan is to build a micro-camper as well as take part of my house off-grid. Maybe I should say at this point this is all a hobby and I don't rely on any of this equipment, yet...

Anyway, the RC doesn't show the correct load on the system, its duplicated. In the image below, my inverter is using 46W, which is about right as I was charging some things but the DC Power shows 51W which is wrong, it should only be about 5W (powering the rPi via a 12V to 5V USB adaptor). When I switch the inverter off, both the AC Loads and the DC power drop, AC goes to "-" and DC Power to 5W (as expected). Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Venus OSRaspberry PiVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

The self consumption of the inverter shows up as 'DC power'.

Don't expect the numbers to be exact to the Watt, so the numbers don't always add up 100%

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.