question

jim-henault avatar image
jim-henault asked

Cerbo GX Signalk Install

When Signal K is installed on the Cerbo GX do the following plugins need to be installed in Signal K?

- signalk-venus-plugin

- signalk-ruuvitag-plugin

- signalk-wilhelmsk-plugin

Thanks!

cerbo gxruuvi sensorsSignalK
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jim-henault avatar image jim-henault commented ·
Thanks! Is there a way to forward Ruuvi humity data to nmea2000? I have the Signal K to nmea 2000 plugin working for temperature but can't figure how to forward the humidity info.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jim-henault commented ·

Not by default. However, you can make use of Node-RED (requires using the in Signal K embedded Node-RED!) and then use the signalk-send-nmea2000 node to send your own messages.

0 Likes 0 ·
jim-henault avatar image jim-henault Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Much appreciated...Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
jim-henault avatar image jim-henault Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
I'm getting my butt kicked! Can you provide an example of how to format or create the canboat msg?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Jim Henault

signalk-venus-plugin comes pre-installed.

The other two aren't, but they're not necessary either. RuuviTag connected to the Cerbo GX via Bluetooth automatically makes all data available on Signal K. The WilhelmSK plugin is only required if you want to save custom gauges on the server for use on other devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources