question

simon avatar image
simon asked

multiplus 48 volt inverter charging aux 24v bank on second output.

hi , looking for ideas . i have a 72v battery bank,36 x 2v cells and a 48v multiplus (one) and want to charge the left over 24v battery bank, i see the multiplus has aux battery charging terminals. is there a more efficient way than putting in a 48v to 24v dropper?

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

48v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The 48v multi is only able to charge 48v batteries.

A 48v to 24v converter isn’t going to be a good battery charger, unless you have one specifically for that purpose,

I‘d probably recommend the less electrically efficient, but likely simpler and more cost effective 240v to 24v charger.

Depending on battery bank size and charge rate required, the 15A unit is extremely cost effective.

https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers/blue-power-charger-ip22

ps - please don’t specifically @Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff) unless there is something specific to me for my attention, I generally see most questions and answers anyway, and would prefer the community respond rather than have questions directed to me.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic