question

choicelocks avatar image
choicelocks asked

Pylontech 2000c communication

I have easy solar 3000 48v with 250/70 mppt and 2 pylontech 2000c

correct cable type a with a termination plug in bms

And correct power cables to inverter

but inverter is showing low battery alarm as well as 100% charge

what position should dip switches be in does there position make a difference or can it be ignored.
the inverter Does not seem to be drawing from the batteries. Voltage on batteries is around 51-52 volt

the inverter did take 5kw from the grid though.

can someone tell me what is going on?

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

From your various posts the best advice is to get a professional to come help you.

Follow the advice in the setup guide:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

choicelocks avatar image choicelocks commented ·
I have followed the advice and searched the question database. I thought the forum was to answer the unanswered questions I also have contacted various victron sales team members. I wonder if there should be clearer warnings that this is extremely technical equipment and that even the forum is unable to answer questions that have been raised after individuals have done the online training
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ choicelocks commented ·
The docs are quite clear that setup should be done by a qualified person.

This forum tries to help but it is a volunteer community and is not an official support channel, that is something provided by your dealer.

The internet is a difficult medium to deal with troubleshooting complex issues and isn’t a substitute for a trained technician.

The link I sent has everything you would need to setup your system, pylontech also have detailed setup manuals for their batteries available for download.

0 Likes 0 ·
choicelocks avatar image
choicelocks answered ·

My answer does not have to be more than to cut and paste this description for why an easy Solar makes a great purchase from victron energy.com own site “The EasySolar-II GX combines an MPPT Solar Charge Controller, an inverter/charger and control hub in one enclosure. The product is easy to install, with a minimum of wiring.” Is this incorrect? As I said to my wife a tesla is a very complicated piece of electrics but I wouldn’t need a technician in the car with me to start it up?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
It's easy to wire yes, but you need some advanced knowledge of how to configure Victron products.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

There are some tutorials available at:

https://www.professional.victronenergy.com

0 Likes 0 ·
choicelocks avatar image
choicelocks answered ·

By the way a professional has been helping me but he seems to be finding it difficult that is why I am posting the questions to see if I can help him

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@choice.locks

Get an MK3 to usb and program the inverter through software not dip switches. Or do it over the VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
choicelocks avatar image choicelocks Alexandra ♦ commented ·
We have used a mi 3 usb interface. But still run into these problems. And we have followed the manual and set them up more than once with these items. We have tried vrm but unfortunately victron has closed access over the last few days so vrm programming has not been available. It’s a shame I have £7000 of equipment sitting here all ready to go but it will not connect together and do it’s job. I think it is the victron inverter that is not communicating but I am open to any ideas. I did contact uk sales manager but he has told me he is in regular contact with the retailer who is helping me. I am beginning to lose hope to be honest. I spent around 4 months doing the training online and completing the certificates. But sadly victron seem to fall short when it comes to support. Relying on this forum to solve all the problems.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ choicelocks commented ·
Did you install the ESS assistant? And do you have the GX? Have you set your battery to discharge down a bit?

Is the system using solar? Or not? Is it AC or DC solar?

0 Likes 0 ·
choicelocks avatar image
choicelocks answered ·

I have a victron 3000 48 250/70 gx

i did all of the relevant online training for my setup.

I have sought help from my dealer over a month in total to date

guy Stewart (victron community manager) asked me what specific problem I was having but has not replied to my answer.

we have reset to default settings unyet we still have battery low alarm warning on the blue screen. And there is still no inverter switching on to drain the batteries. Although this is a topic often raised in the forum. There still seems to be no definitive answer. I think this is a big enough issue that victron should do a training video specifically on this topic. I do not easily give up but I am getting to the point where I will be forced to make some online information available of my experience with victron that could be detrimental to Victron’s pr story. Although this is the last thing I want to do so I am appealing to the victron community to help me resolve these problems and not to just ignore my requests for help.

2 |3000