question

herculess avatar image
herculess asked

MPPT 250/100 - No PV Power after Battery Absorption Time

Hallo,

I've an issue with my Smartsolar MPPT 250/100.
Everyday after the Battery is charged (Statechange absorption to float) the PV Power drops to 0W (External Control via Victron SmartShunt).
After 30-60min. the state is solved without intervention.
If i restart the cerbogx - PV Power is also resumed instantly. So i think the problem is in the "external control"

I have an ESS with AC/DC feed in excess, as battery monitor i use a 500A Victron Smartshunt and an ABB energy meter (modbus tcp) on AC side.

Is there a problem with VenusOS (v2.89) or how can i locate the problem?

regards

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
uguraladag avatar image
uguraladag answered ·

I think what you are describing is quite normal. Because when the batteries reach 100% full, the device programs cut the power from the solar panel in order not to damage the battery. In this case, when you draw a new power from the system, mppt Charger reactivates to replace the power drawn from the battery and gives the generated power to the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

I believe this is a normal behavior, have a look at the Battery Voltage at the moment the Solar charger change to Float. The battery voltage is likely higher then the Float voltage... so the Solar charger thinks there is nothing to deliver any current to.
When you restart your Solar charger, it will start in Bulk again, trying to drive up the voltage (to Absorption)... You do not want to do this, as you bring up the voltage of the battery again...

Rob

2 |3000

chinook avatar image
chinook answered ·

I have nearly the same issue, i have a MPPT 450/200 and a three phase configuration with MP2/3000 with a 15kw/h lifepo4 battery (SmartShunt 500 as battery monitor).

On the AC-Out of the MP2 there is a Fronius Symo working.

At the moment I have 3 Strings on the east side roof, 2 are connected to the MPPT, one to the Symo. Each String is a row of 10 * 405Wp.

I have enabled DC feed-in.

I have enabled AC feed-in.

After the battery is 100% loaded, the MPPT stopps delivering power, after a while it's starting to deliver power but not much (Tr1 0W, Tr2 800W).

For me is sound's like the same issue as your's @herculess

If i restart the MPPT (switch off and on again) the it's delivering normal Power (Tr1 2500W, Tr2 2500W).

I'm new to the Victron Universe ans still learning..

Has anyone a Idea what's the Problem?

Thank's for your answers

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic