question

agroventuresperu avatar image
agroventuresperu asked

Is There A Cable Product Verified to Work for the Console Port on Pylontech US3000?

My distributor and Pylontech themselves couldn't do me the deed of furnishing the debugging cables (the so-called USB- Male rs232 and Female rs232 - RJ11)

So I went ahead and contacted another Pylontech reseller here, and they said to just get those cables from a computer store. So I went on to mercadolibre and bought them. Turns out the female rs232 - RJ11 was the only offering of its kind available online in this country. I don't have the knowledge or gear (or electrical chop shop) to see if my cable(s) is the problem. But everytime I try to connect it has a timeout error. I know I'm using the right COM port. The Pylontech US3000 manual says baud rate for RJ11 needs to be 1200. Really don't know what else to try.

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AgroVenturesPeru

US3000 uses CAN to connect to a victron system. The guidline is linked by @kevgermany . And the cable uses RJ45 plugs not RJ11 or the rs232 protocol. You can make up the cable yourself if it cannot be purchased. There is also a wiring guide.

Why do you need debugging cables?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
If you connect each battery one at a time to a GX with the correct can Battery type you should be able to see what it is doing.

Are you having hub issues?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You'll pretty much have to make this cable yourself. Search Google images for "Pylontech RS-232" and you'll be presented with diagrams of how to make your own. Most of the images show the RJ11 setup that you'd need for US3000.
Then use a standard USB - RS-232 cable if your computer does not have a RS-232 port on it.

Here is a link to a forum which shows a DIY cable:
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/5732-pylontech-console-cable/

2 |3000