My distributor and Pylontech themselves couldn't do me the deed of furnishing the debugging cables (the so-called USB- Male rs232 and Female rs232 - RJ11)
So I went ahead and contacted another Pylontech reseller here, and they said to just get those cables from a computer store. So I went on to mercadolibre and bought them. Turns out the female rs232 - RJ11 was the only offering of its kind available online in this country. I don't have the knowledge or gear (or electrical chop shop) to see if my cable(s) is the problem. But everytime I try to connect it has a timeout error. I know I'm using the right COM port. The Pylontech US3000 manual says baud rate for RJ11 needs to be 1200. Really don't know what else to try.