question

udo229 avatar image
udo229 asked

Multiplus-II ESS Pylontech optimized self consumption no feed in

I have three Multiplus-II in a three Phase setup. One Octo GX and yet two MPPT 150/35. Setup like this:

Six Pylontech U2000 with CAN connected to the Octo. VE.Direct to the MPPT. VE.Bus to the Multis.Current Transformers on the Grid intakes to the House connected to the correspondending Multi.

Actual Firmware on all Multis/Octo/MPPT

Goal: Optimize Self-Consumption.

Commissioned by QuickConfigure and the appending VE.Configure3. Set up ESS assitant on the First Multi and sending that Configuration-File Step by step to the other two Multis.

Grid Settings Germany with internal NS

ESS is shown on the Remote Console of the Octo. Battery is shown, SoC etc. everything fine so far.

Parameters on Chargers and ESS for the Pylontechs are set as shown in https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom.

Baterry Mode optimized without Battery Life. Feed in excess solar Power ON. Minimum Discharge SoC 50%

Problem: When I switch on the Conection from Grid to AC in 1 the LED shows that the Inverter is swichted off and the Charger is switched on. The Remote Console shows that the Charger is pumping the maximum Load into the Pylontechs ALTHOUGH the SoC is 82% and the Solar Input is 300Watts...

How can I tell the system it should take the energy from the Batterysto feed the House-Grid down to SoC of 50% and NOT to Charge the Batteries via AC in????

Multiplus-IIESS
1555231916766.png (30.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

udo229 avatar image udo229 commented ·

reversed the current transformers now and found one cable failure in one Transformer.

now the setup is pumping: somtimes it feed ca. 2 kw back into the Grid (which it shouldnt, it illegal with my Grid Meter running backwards!) an seconds later the grid meter is running forward again, slowing down, stopping starting to run backwards....

in the ess documentation on the Victron Homepage the remote console ess Menu loks like this:

my remote console (Octo GX with newest firmware) looks different:

Where is "Inverter ouput in use" for example?

Is the ess design &installation Manual up to date?

0 Likes 0 ·
1555421519022.png (101.5 KiB)
1555421576917.png (41.3 KiB)
1555421612736.png (34.3 KiB)
2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

How long has the system been running? Set the system to keep batteries charged, once they’ve reached 100% (with a Pylontech it’ll show 97-99%) change the mode back to optimized without battery life and then see what it does

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

had set the system to "keep the batteries charged", they where charged ton 99% (although they are Pylontechs...), waited an hour and configured back to "optimized without battery life. same effect. the above mentioned Oscillating feedback /non feedback to the Grid and sometimes the Batteries where charged from the Grid although at soc of 88 % and lots of sunshine...

Is anybody from Victron out there?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Can you check to confirm the current sensor is around the right way?

1 comment
2 |3000

do you mean whether to Sensor is not mounted in the Wrong direction, 180 degrees wrong? I haven't seen any Manual for it. I've checked Minutes ago. the sensors are mounted with the arrows in the direction from the grid to the houseinstallation.

But when this is wrong, why does this affect the charging-behavior? The Multis are charching the batteries from the AC-Input even when I disable the charger via VEConfig 3....

0 Likes 0 ·