question

Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala asked

Multiple GX instances over LAN for same inverter?

Is it possible to have multiple GX devices displaying and sharing the same inverter information over Modbus TCP?

I have inverter and Cerbo next to the main eletric panel and those are located in house's technical rooms. In order to monitor the system in other rooms one needs to use mobile device or web browser.

It would make sense to get some rasperrys running VenusOS and hook them over local LAN into living space and provide the same interface on those. Maybe some into TV video inputs, would be nice to see visualization in TV's PIP-screen.

From other questions I understood that it's not possible, but could it be supported in coming releases? What is preventing it?

Br,

Juha

Venus OSModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

generally this would not be possible, as the GX/Venus device doesn't have a "Slave" mode, and there can be only one controller in a system - otherwise inverter and charging control could get conflicting data. If you want to use pi's with permanent displays, these can run the web browser interface for you, or you can develop a custom display using the Pi to access the data by Modbus/TCP/IP.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala commented ·
The lack of slave-mode can be changed. I assumed that VenusOS is all open source. Browser is not for something that you use constantly. It's fine for rare tasks, but for dedicated appliance hardware that is constantly on for one specific purpose, it has to be an purpose built application.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources