question

pmarine avatar image
pmarine asked

Victron AGM Peukert Value

Hi

Does anybody have the Peukert Co-Efficient value calculated by Victron for their AGM batteries? In particular the Telecommunications AGM batteries. I understand that this changes with the life of the battery but normally manufacturers provide a value. Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

AGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I have a bank of the 115Ah telecom batteries and used the capacity data at different discharge times from the datasheet to calculate Peukert using the Victron calculator. I have a large bank so it only sees short periods at C3 and most of the time at C20 or even longer discharge time. I used 1.15 based on the longer discharge times. This may undercount a bit during the few short periods of higher discharge rate where 1.18 would be better.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
If you have a charge source connected at the same time like mppts, it is all much of a muchness.

Stay with one setting for a bit and see how it goes.

Check your Ah in and Ah out. If there is an issue you will see it.

0 Likes 0 ·
pmarine avatar image pmarine commented ·
Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@PMarine

The peukert is based on the expected C draw of the load you are using. If you are not going above the recommended c rating then generally the 1.25 works when new.

You can work it out yourself as the battery ages.

Explained here. There is a calculator at the bottom. It uses AH and the shunt can measure that easily.

2 |3000

Kees-Jan (SensorX) avatar image
Kees-Jan (SensorX) answered ·

To calculate the Peukert's exponent you can use this site

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic