question

techmuc avatar image
techmuc asked

Custom Smart Meter

Hi,

I have a "standard" MultiPlus 3000, 2x Pylontech US2000C setup (with GX device in a parallel network setup). I want to install an EM24 for ESS in future. Problem: My energy meter must be extended for this and I will not get an installation in the next months..

In the meantime I'd still love to have ESS running. Using some "light-diode" reader on my smart meter I know the current consumption on all phases on an raspberry. Using this reader I'd like to pass these values to ESS. For the moment I see two options:

1. Use ESS Mode 3 - while this will probably work (I will test soon), I can not really get a feeling on how ESS will work, and also wont see my real "savings" in VRM.
  2. Use ESS Mode 1/2 and somehow push the current consumption per phase (via e.g. MQTT) to the GX device. Here I can not find a writable register, or any explanation on how that could be done.

Does anyhow ever tried the second option?

Thanks!

Timo

ESSMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
techmuc avatar image
techmuc answered ·

I have developed mode 3 (with a raspi) now and it works wonderfully as expected. As mentioned above it would still be great to see the power consumption of my house (which i know technically inside the raspi) inside the Victron Dashboard. Is there any way to push the current power consumption *without* a EM24 (or similar energy readers) into victron?

victronvenus.gif

victronvenus.gif (425.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.