question

axiomatrix avatar image
axiomatrix asked

Is there an API for Buck Boost DC-DC Converters available

Is there a .NET API or COM interface to TSConfig available to allow setting and interrogation of the Buck Boost 50A from within our .net control system applications, or does the unit simply run as a serial COM device? And if so can you release the command syntax format?

api dc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
dwkennedy avatar image
dwkennedy answered ·

I think it would be useful to be able to change the output voltage or max current dynamically.

For instance, the battery may only want 20 amps of charge current, but if a 30a load is switched on the buck/boost could be commanded to increase to the full 50A output.

Or, the voltage could be turned down to a float level after the absorption stage is over.

Is there any additional documentation available?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kogir avatar image
kogir answered ·

Depending on if you want something supported or something that just works, perhaps consider taking a look at TSConfig in dotPeek or another .NET decompiler and then calling the relevant bundled libraries directly from your own application.

2 |3000

dwkennedy avatar image
dwkennedy answered ·

There seems to be the details of talking to the buck-boost dc-dc converter somewhere out there on the Internet, as alluded to in this article:

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2018/04/11/homemade-pi-open-source-raspberry-flavour/

Unfortunately I haven't found it yet :(

2 |3000

gubby avatar image
gubby answered ·

It would be great if Victron could fold the functionality of TSConfig into VictronConnect so it can be used on a Mac laptop. I don't have a Windows machine and it is such a pain to have to find one to reconconfigure this device.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic