question

richguess avatar image
richguess asked

Battery selection on app

I have DEKA AGM deep cycle coach batteries. TheVictron mppt controller says gel is the factory default, and offers AGM spiral but not AGM flat plate. What settings should I be using? Thx

AGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@richguess

You can choose Agm spiral and then change the voltages to match what is recommended by the battery manufacturer.

The charge profile will be the same except for (possibly) voltages.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

richguess avatar image
richguess answered ·

Thx. Seems odd there isn’t just a regular AGM setting.

2 |3000

Nick avatar image
Nick answered ·

100% agree, I would expect Victron to provide a list of downloaded profiles as well but perhaps as per Alexandra post there is no need as you can just set the specific or generic profiles.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@npm108

@richguess

The Victron Gel presets will also work. All that is required is there is not equalization and the charged voltage is correct for cycle or backup use.

There are just too many batteries on the market all over the world, it would be a full time job. And really not necessary as the end user can customise it. All the information is and how to is freely available.

You can save the custom battery profile after tweaking as your own preset so you never have to do it again.

1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The two victron AGM/deep discharge are flat plate. This is assumed unless something else is stated explicitly

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic