question

Dave Coman avatar image
Dave Coman asked

Which mmpt and then some.

Ok gentlemen/ladies quick thanks to the community the wizards out here are amazing!

Now ive got a random assortment of voltages and types of charging and i need some help as to what various victron stuff i need to make it all work smooth. I have 3x 12v 200ah lithium batteries. 3x 370watt house panels. Now most of my stuff is 12v so id like to stay in 12v but all this will be going into a bus conversion which has 24v but will be completely seperate to the solar.

Now last caravan i did up a 100/50mmpt victron sorted two big 350watt house panels i had up top no dramas perhaps it can also handle 3 no worries ?

The other thing is dc dc charger im aware victron has some 24v step down 12v items. Do i need one of these and a dcdc charger to make use of the bus 24v alternator?

So if one of the wizards could tell me which mmpt suit and which one or two victron things i would need to get the bus 24v alternator charging the 12v also. Or if u have a way better idea (thats not 24v unfortunatly i have a bunch of 12v gear already) id be very interested.

Thanks in advance legends.

(There 40vmax 11amp max panels)

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

If you put your panel specs in here it will tell you what MPPT you need:

https://www.victronenergy.com/mppt-calculator

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave Coman avatar image Dave Coman commented ·
Om goodness ive used that before i completly forgot. Thankyou ur a scholar and a gentleman!
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

On the DC:DC converters, Orion tr smart is the way to go. Look at the 24/12 models. If you can't find one with enough output current, get a couple and wire in parallel.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic