question

dchappel avatar image
dchappel asked

battery settings for charging/discharging

Hi all. I'm new! And very new at this.. I got a system installed (600w 12v solar/mppt 100/50/Multiplus 1200va 12v inverter charger in our RV and am loving it!

I'd like to switch out the batteries for some 6v golf cart ones and am having difficulty finding specifications to for the Multiplus and the mppt.

The batteries go by many names but they're:

Batteries plus SLIGC125, Duracell HPGCX, Crown cr235, Deka/East Penn 8c11. I don't know who is the original manufacturer of them but they're branded Duracell/Batteries Plus.

Now does anyone happen have a proper spec sheet which includes the configurations for these batteries?

The budget won't allow me to get real Lifepo4 batteries this year, unfortunately.

Thank you for your time.

D

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @dchappel

Those look like a standard GC2 pattern. As generic as generic gets.. https://www.batteryequivalents.com/group-gc2-and-group-gc2h-golf-cart-batteries.html

They work fine with Victron standard settings of 14.4V Absorb (+/- temp comp). Makers may say more, but I'd ignore them when they do. I use Century brand, cheapest bang-for-buck I could find. I budgeted for 5yr life, but exceeded that now and still going. Mine in 48V series, but reluctant to recommend in parallel without lowering Abs a little more

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic