question

wind-sun avatar image
wind-sun asked

Mix Match Solar components

Hi All ,

I have existing components , thrown in with a recently purchased boat. Unfortunately the components are a mix match of different manufactures. I hope to glean advice on how to install to make this system work .

Eventually I will upgrade to all Victron . But for now I have to make this work .

Component list :

- Victron BlueSolar MPPT 150 I 70 -Tr charge controller

- Xantrex Freedom invertor

- Xanbus System control panel SCP FGA 809 0921

- 8 Renogy RNG 100D SS 100 WATT SOLAR PANELS

- XANBUS AUTO GENERATOR START

Any advice will help .

Diagrams and pictures say a 1000 words .

Thank You Kindly

Joe

solar sizing
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You did not mention the Voltage of the service battery so I'm going to assume 12V or 24V?
With that, you could connect the 8x Renogy PV modules in two sets of four. Connect them 4 in series and then those two strings in parallel. That would work well for the PV input to the 150/70 charge controller. The the charge controller connects to the battery with a fuse suitable for the wiring that you use. 25mm² 35mm² cable would be good for the battery connections.

I don't know anything about Xantrex products, so I do not feel qualified to offer any advice on those components. There is a slim chance that someone else here would know their products.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic