question

michaeltenerife avatar image
michaeltenerife asked

Is a Turbo Energy By PylonTech considered a Pylontech 3000 or 3000C or 3000B ?

Hi everyone,

As the BMS Can Cable for connecting the Cerbo to a pylontech battery can be of version A or B depending of it is respectively a 3000C or 3000, I would like to know what version is the Turbo energy by pylontech battery of 3.5kwh: 3000C, 3000 or even 3000B as this page is suggesting: https://prismsolar.co.uk/product/pylontech-us3000b-3-5-kwh-li-ion-battery-module-48v/

If it is a 3000B what cable should be used the cable A or B. If it the wrong cable, would there be no reading at all or inaccurate reading?

Thank you for your help, this is so important.

Here a picture of my battery:

photo_2022-05-04_18-44-32.jpg

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Turbo energy seems to be a Spanish importer of batteries made by pylon, which are branded for them.

Probably best to ask them www.turbo-e.com

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Going on looks alone, that looks like a US3000C. As such the type A cable would be appropriate.
If the cable is wrong, then it won't connect at all because the pinout is different.

On the other hand, Prism say it's a 3000B, so it's confusing. As nickdb said, ask turbo-e what they think.

2 |3000

michaeltenerife avatar image
michaeltenerife answered ·

Right now in Device list on VRM, I have this with cable type B and I don't understand why it says battery is 100% and is still been charged and From my understanding the Voltage of a full pylontech battery is 52,8V. If the cable would be wrong (it should be type A), would I have this in Device list at all? Thank you

screenshot-from-2022-05-04-19-12-58.png

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
The pin out is different so it wouldn’t work at all. Intermittent comms probably an iffy cable maybe terminator (presume you have fitted the CAN terminator cerbo side).
0 Likes 0 ·
michaeltenerife avatar image michaeltenerife nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
yes, I have put the blue terminator on the cerbo next to the cable coming from battery. So if it shows up in the Device list on the VRM it means I get the right cable although it is a type B at it looked like a type A was the correct one.... No sense to try out cable type A if it works better right?
0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ michaeltenerife commented ·
If it shows in the device list then it is the correct cable. otherwise it will not show at all.

If the battery shows 100% and it is still accepting some charge then you don't need to worry, maybe it is still doing some cell balancing. Just let it do what it needs to do.

0 Likes 0 ·
ramblinglamb avatar image
ramblinglamb answered ·

Does any body kindy have any follow up/real world experience of Turbo branded batteries? Are Turbo Branded Pylontech tech batteries compatible with an array of US3000B Standard Pylontech branded batteries? - Cheers

2 |3000