question

pittsburghred avatar image
pittsburghred asked

Battery balancer

OK so I have 4 12v 100ah lifepo4. They are arranged 2s2p. I get the 24V goes to the positive (in my case a lynx distributor bus bar, similarly I will attach the common to the negative bus bar. I am assuming using the bus bars is OK?

What I am struggling with is the midpoint. I know one wire goes to the first series (either pos or neg). What I am struggling with is the daisy chain to the second series. What gauge wire is that meant to be? My bank uses 4AWG by the way. Is it like the first mid point? Also how don't the batteries get messed up? essentially you are adding an extra parallel connection to the two series banks, right?

That is what is confusing me.

Thanks in advance.

Battery Balancer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Each series pair has a neg to pos connection between the batteries. You need to bridge these with a fused connection and take the midpoint from there.

If you make sure that all 4 batteries are at exactly the same voltage before connecting, there won't be much current through the bridge.

There's a cable sizing recommendation in the manual. Fuse the midpoint link at about 2A.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic