question

graham avatar image
graham asked

Cyrix-Li-Charge 230A load on the charge disconnect output of VE BMS ?

I cannot find a spec for the load for the Cyrix-Li-Charge 230A load on the charge disconnect output of VE BMS, does anyone know what the current draw from the VE BMS for the Cyrix li Charge is?

I have two charging sources to control one of a maximum possible of 220A and the other 90A. I am using a BP 100A for the 90A and the Cyrix li charge 230A for the 220A.

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Graham,

Is your question about the current draw of the Cyrix-LI-load control pin when connected to the VEBus BMS? This is <1 mA The current for closing the relay is taken directly from the battery.

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

benm avatar image benm commented ·

Hello Martijn,
You mention max 1 mAmp current draw from the battery.

I like to know how much current the Cyrix LI load draw from the "charge disconnect" from Ve.BMS?
And also how much current the Battery Protect draw from the "charge disconnect" from Ve.BMS?

The load disconnect is max 2 Amp according manual. Is the manual correct that the charge disconnect is only 10 mAmp?

0 Likes 0 ·
graham avatar image graham benm commented ·

BenM, I believe what Martijn Coster said in his reply to me is the load on the BMS stop charge output by the Cyrix Li Charge or load is <1mA to trigger the relay. Practical use suggests that that figure is likely to be correct. The actual load of switching the relay is carried by the battery directly and not carried either by the BMS charge or load outputs.

Hope that help

0 Likes 0 ·
graham avatar image
graham answered ·

Martijn Coster many thanks my guess was that they would be that sort of figure but as you design a system that will be installed 200 miles away it is nice to be sure. Thanks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic