question

Tony avatar image
Tony asked

Multiplus 2 Dynamic Current Limiter. No output power.

If im running off my Generator.

And I enabled the Dynamic Current Limiter. I set the current limit to 10 amps. Everythibng works great with my Generator. ITs pulling about half the capacity of my generator at that setting. If i go to 20 amps. Some of my AC loads shut off. Like my Microwave and such. but the TV stays on. Weird Right. At 20 amp the generator is running at 2100 watts. which is well within the specs. I have it connected to the 30amp RV output on the Generator. Its a 3000 watt HF Predator. The Multi seeing the shore power and load at 2000 watts. IF i drop it back down to 10amps everything comes back on. I can even run the microwave. Power assist kicks in so the Gen load don't spike up. I have a huge battery bank at over 1200Amp hours so i know its not the batteries. If i switch to inverter only. everything comes back on too.

Any ideas??

charge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

I have trouble following the thread a bit. Is the TV running off 240 volts or 12 volts? It may seem like a silly question but it would be good to know why the TV stays on when all other loads are off.

It is possible the TV is on the UPS main output of the MP2 and the other load are on the second non UPS output. It would be important to know that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tony avatar image
Tony answered ·

Yeah I'm not sure what side the TV is on. It is AC 120V. IT could be that Leg2 is shutting down and leg 1 is still live. What's weird is if i drop the current to 10Amp. They both come back on. At 20Amp the Gen is only loaded up to 2/3 capacity. IT should be fine. The dynamic Current is working. it does bring up the current over a few seconds and not just slam the Gen with a huge load.

I don't know why this is happening. Ill be camping this weekend and play with it more.

Thanks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic