question

jhaley100 avatar image
jhaley100 asked

Digital input problems with Globallink 520

I have connected my Globallink 520 to my boat bilge pump by using an automotive relay in parallel with the bilge pump circuit. I have jumpered both digital inputs together for trial purpose, so when the bilge pump is activated both digital inputs are shorted to the GND digital input port. I am trying to count bilge pump cycles and trigger an alarm, but also just trigger an alarm when the bilge pump cycles.

Here is what now happens:

1. The digital inputs increment by 2 or 3 per bilge pump cycle, and digital input 1 increments differently from blige pump 2.

2. The device reboots itself regularly so the counts revert to 0 on a random basis - every day or so. The device is reliably connected to a battery which is on a charger monitored by a smart shunt, so I don't believe this is due to power outages.

3. I am unable to reliably trigger an alarm when the bilge pump goes off.

When the digital state goes from High to Low is that saved by the Globallink 520 or does the digital state have to be Low when the device is polled by VRM? This would mean I need some kind of latching relay to trigger an alarm to VRM from the 520.

John Haley

globallinkbilge
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Lasse avatar image
Lasse answered ·

i'm sorry to hear that the digital inputs are not working for you as expected. We are aware of the resets and that is something we are hoping to fix in a new release. Also the inconsistent increments is a known limitation and something that is on the backlog.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic