question

aljotock avatar image
aljotock asked

Solar Dump using a 3Kw Quattro

I have a 2Kw (240v) immersion on my dutch barge wired through the Quattro to only come on when on shore power. Ive seen Ben Statton’s excellent video (Youtube) on setting up an assistant to turn on ACOUT2 but wonder…. could it be as simple as that? Wont it lead to a lot of cycling ON/OFF as 2KW is a large load and would quickly suck out the available excess?

I have 600w PV solar, 4x200ah victron gel batteries (2S2P), Cerbo GX, MPPT charge controller and a Victron 3Kw Quattro all new, shiny and raring to go. I know they’re capable of doing so much more than just changing my batteries but would really appreciate some help please.

Many thanks

Alan

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Al avatar image
Al answered ·

I think either you need more PV or less than a 600w immersion to make it work well. Most people will use an immersion or dump load well below the output of their PV.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic