question

tpwchr avatar image
tpwchr asked

Finally got this amazing set-up! Question about limiting charge

Hi everyone! Finally I have been able to get all the components for my off-grid installation:

- 12x 450Wp panles

- 3x US3000B Pylons

- MPII 5000

- Cerbo GX

- MPPT 250V100

I am reading through the compatibility document: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom and I am wondering if I should limit the charge current to a % less than 100% to preserver the battery. ATM it's going until 100% because I haven't really configured it yet, I couldnt connect the MP with the MK3 to the laptop.

Thanks a lot!

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

Nope, it is fine to go to 100%. It is an LFP battery. You can lower the max voltage tho, as the BMS likes to push the cells. On the GX -> Settings -> DVCC -> Limit Voltage. I like to set it at 52V or about but after a few days it will go back to saying 100% SOC but I think this has been set by default in latest firmware. You can see the "My system only charges the battery to 52.4V" in that doc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tpwchr avatar image
tpwchr answered ·

Thank you!! I will try to connect it with my MK3. Should I use VE Configure or victronconnect?

2 comments
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

VE Configure to configure the Inverter and Victronconnect to configure the MPPTs.
You don't need to use a MK3 if your Cerbo has internet. You can just use it to download and upload the VE Configure files. Remote VEConfigure under device list on VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
tpwchr avatar image tpwchr shaneyake commented ·
So I could set up everything remotely? MPII and MPPT?
0 Likes 0 ·