question

racerke600 avatar image
racerke600 asked

VARTA AGM VW California

Hi,

Recently installed a 75/15 with two 120 watt panels, all connected to 2 Varta AGM's in my vw california.
The standard battery setting suggests option 2, but that uses only 14,4V voor absorption?

When I look up the data from varta, they suggest charging with 14,8 V.

I also tested when I had the car in the garage on the mains (230v) what the internal charger would give, after a certain amount of time the voltage was already +14,5V.
Another test with the engine running showed the voltage exceeding >14,8V(14,9V)

So my questions is, is it okay for me to make a custom battery profile with 14,8V to charge and 13,8V for float? All the other variables don't seem to change much between the different pre configured settings. The only things that matter seem to be those two voltages?

Thanks in advance.

varta2.jpg

varta.jpg

AGM Battery
varta.jpg (38.3 KiB)
varta2.jpg (5.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Racerke600,

it absolutely necessary and ok to adapt the charge profile to the battery manufactures suggestion.

About the voltage increase: that's most probably due to temperature compensation. See also the manual for your MPPT.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tattersp avatar image
tattersp answered ·

Did you find this worked for your Varta battery?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic