question

rafka avatar image
rafka asked

Ess is "ignoring" grid set point if heater is switched on

I have 3 Multiplus-II 48/3000 with 8 Pylontech US2000C installed and everything works fine, except when the battery is nearly full and the heating rod is switched on to use the excessive pv power. In that case the ESS is getting confused and is ignoring the grid set point exporting power to the grid unnecessarily.

bildschirmfoto-zu-2022-03-04-15-09-27.png

bildschirmfoto-zu-2022-03-04-15-09-07.png

The grid set point of the heater is -200W and the grid set point of the ESS is 0W. As you can see in the picture the Multiplus stops charging and starts inverting although there is power fed to the grid.

The pylontech batteries can be charged also.

bildschirmfoto-zu-2022-03-04-15-09-54.png

The heater is adapting its power every 2.5 sec so in my opinion the Multiplus should have enough time to regulate its power.

Has anyone an idea what I can do to get the desired behavior?

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

there are lots of variables and different ways to set things up so its really try this try that in the settings - or maybe turn the heater on and off using a contractor and the generator automatic on off control by battery voltage or soc

check DVCC and turn this on if its not allready on - as well and see if this helps

O also make sure the cerbo is on the latest FW 2.84

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.