question

akabza avatar image
akabza asked

Multiplus II "No ESS Assistant found!"

Good morning,

I have a question regarding Multplus II (w/o) GX and ESS mode 3. I have a Multiplus II 48/3000, VenosOS running on a Reapberry Pi, connected via MK3 to USB interface. I can read Modbus registers for devices 20 (com.victronenergy.pvinverter, my Sunny Tripower PV inverter), 30 (com.victronenergy.grid, my SMA SunnyHomeManger 2.0), and 100 (com.victronenergy.vebus). Also device 239 (com.victronenergy.vebus, my MK3 VE.Direct via USB (ttyUSB0)) is visible, I can read registers 3, 6, 9, 15, 21, 22, 23, 26, 28, 30, 31 and 33.

When I want do define the ESS power setpoint phase 1 on register 37, I got the following failure: GatewayPathUnavailable.

What is my failure?

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

Multiplus-IIESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

akabza avatar image akabza commented ·
I have to add: VenusOS on Raspi says "No ESS Assistand found" under Settings->ESS
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

VE Config ---> ESS wizard defined and activated ?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

akabza avatar image akabza commented ·
Thanks @Netrange for your support. To be honest, I don´t know. Is this something that I have to activate via Victron Energy directly connected to the Multiplus?
0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange akabza commented ·
You have to installiert VE Config on your PC ... Without this , you cant get a running Ess System ...
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

With the most basic of googling you will find the ESS setup guide.

But here it is for you:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/index-en.html

2 |3000

akabza avatar image
akabza answered ·

Thanks both for your support. I installed ESS now with VE Configuration 3.

2 |3000