question

hallstein avatar image
hallstein asked

CPU temperature in RPI

I have my RPi3B+ running with Venus Os 2.84, SetupHelper and GuiMods. 4 Ruuvi temp-sensors included. All work fine !

I want to include the CPU temperature from RPi on display and in VRM.
Is there a simple way to code this in ? Can it be included in GuiMods ?

temperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Eric M. avatar image Eric M. commented ·
Is there be any possibility of someone adapting this to become available within the GuiMods PackageManager? I've installed this several times on an RPi4 ver1.5 (2gb) several times on 2.80 and 2.84 and have never gotten the process to run. Manually running the start script etc. the check script still reports no process :/
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem Eric M. commented ·

Making it part of GuiMods is not appropriate, but it the author of the code could certainly make it work with SetupHelper/PackageManager.

I will leave that to the author of the code and will certainly provide guidance getting things set up.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eric M. avatar image Eric M. Kevin Windrem commented ·
Sorry, I did mean just the SetupHelper/PackageMananger. I'm a PHP/JS developer, but with some guidance perhaps I could setup a wrapped fork that works with your package system?
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem Eric M. commented ·

I'd be happy to help get you started.

The package files must be on GitHub and include a version file and a setup file. PackageManager downloads from GitHub based on a version tag then runs the setup script to install or uninstall the package.

0 Likes 0 ·
hallstein avatar image
hallstein answered ·

Thanks ! But what is the simplest way to copy this folder/files from GitHub (zip or unpacked) to my Pi running Venus OS ? I have a Mac and can connect to the Pi via SSH. Or should I use a USB stick ? The Pi also have internet connection. Sorry for noob questions :-)

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

I would suggest copying the zip file to the Pi and unzipping it there.

You can use scp to move zip file from your Mac to the Pi. For example:

scp -r ~/Downloads/Victron-Service-main.zip root@venus.local:/data

This will copy the zip file to /data on the Pi.

Then ssh into the Pi and unzip the file there.

Then follow the instructions in the ReadMe file from the GitHub repo linked above.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic