question

lvanrensburg avatar image
lvanrensburg asked

Victron BSC IP65

I connected the charger under normal option to a good battery - 12.6v on multimeter - and left it there to charge and maintain for 10 days. When I checked today, battery was hot and had no charge - 10.1v. The statistics are shown in the attached screenshot. The battery now ruined!!

Why

AGM Battery
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
What type of battery? Sealed, flooded, AGM etc. ?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Lvanrensburg

100AH on cycle 3, thats a pretty evil discharge amount for a lead based battery.

P.S. voltage on a lead acid battery means nothing. I have one that sits at 13.4V, but will not take a charge everever.

Mant things could have happened left unattended like that. Heat suggests shorted plates internally maybe? Or not enough electrolyte. No idea without seeing the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
lvanrensburg avatar image
lvanrensburg answered ·

Everything became clear!! The battery I put in my caravan was one that was already damaged and finished. It showed 13.6 on the digital meter, but obviously could not hold charge. I have now replaced with a proper good battery and will see the resilts. So far going well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic