question

michael-lescord avatar image
michael-lescord asked

No Power to Orion TR Smart Charger

Sheepishly questioning if I have a defective unit. I connected the Charger inputs to the starter battery, removed the remote bridge as directed in the manual, but the Charger will not turn on. I’ve confirmed 14.4 v at the input terminals, but no LED lights turn on and nothing is happening other than I’m burning gas. Help? Send the unit back for another one?

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The remote bridge have to be inserted, at which point in the manual it says to remove it?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michael-lescord avatar image
michael-lescord answered ·

It says to remove the remote bridge at step one, then connect the starter battery to inputs and the unit should turn on to adjust app settings. It doesn’t turn on. Neither when the bridge is reinserted.

5 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Needs to go back for replacement.
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-lescord avatar image michael-lescord kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thought so, ordered another one and have to wait another 10 days, sigh.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ michael-lescord commented ·
By the way, as Matthias said, it won't turn on without the bridge across L and H. Or the alternatives shown in the manual.
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-lescord avatar image michael-lescord kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I tried it multiple times with the bridge inserted. Nothing happens, so I’m sending it back to Amazon and wait for the replacement. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ michael-lescord commented ·
Yes, was meant as a hint for when the replacement arrives
0 Likes 0 ·