question

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra asked

Toolkit LED definitions

I know having a GX is the best way to find out what errors your system is showing to you in plain language.

But I was thinking having the front of the Quattro or multi and selecting which LEDs are flashing or solid on might would it easier to define the error being flashed. The the app can match it to the error defined.

Sometimes scrolling through all the definitions has to be repeated. And the one you have is not always seen.

feature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

It was like that in the first few versions of the app and I asked the same question to Bob Hopman.

He told me that many customers didn't understand how to use it and it was changed to what it is now.

Maybe that feature can be added as an option.

1. Scroll through LED codes

2. Enter LED code

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Fully agree. And it could, with user permission, send unknown codes to Victron for inclusion in the next release.

It would also help if it was easier to distinguish between on/flashing/off. All off is hard to distinguish from all on for occasional users.

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

There is a degree of complication I do see is the in phase or out of phase lights blinking as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Good point. Wasn't aware.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic