question

markj avatar image
markj asked

Orion Tr delayed start not working?

Bit puzzled. My Orion Tr 12 30 seems to work OK except that it starts charging as soon as I start the engine. It's in smart alternator mode on my Euro 6 Relay with the default params, and I would expect the delayed start voltage delay parameter of 120s to mean it would wait 2 mins before drawing current.

Have I misunderstood how this is supposed to work?

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I couldn't find any dicumentation on how it's supposed to work. It might be that with smart alternators it's disabled as they switch so frequently. It's not mentioned in the smart alternator operation description.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not sure what is happening here. This looks like a duplicate answer to what was posted earlier and disappeared, but my comment about the question being about delayed start has gone.

2 |3000