I would like an ESS system with:

3x Multiplus 48/5000

1x Smartsolar 250/100

1x Kostal Piko 8.3 DCS

and battery from DLG (PYTES Energy)

12x E-BOX 4850

or

6x E-BOX 48100

Does anyone have experience with the batteries from DLG (PYTES Energy)?

Or with Kostal in an ESS system with Victron?

best regards

Thomas

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ivo137 avatar image
ivo137 answered ·

Hello Thomas,

maybe a bit late in answering. I have a setup with 3x Multiplus II 48/8000 and 10x E-BOX 48100 attached for energy storage. The E-BOX battery works in combination with the Cerbo GX. I had to make a special cable to connect the CANbus interface from the battery to the Cerbo but that is about the only thing that is special about this particular battery. Worked 'out-of-the-box' for me.

Cheers, Ivo

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kejmyl avatar image kejmyl commented ·

hi, what sort of special cable you mean ? standard rj45 is not enough ?

0 Likes 0 ·
flotsch avatar image flotsch kejmyl commented ·
No, RJ45 doesen´t work. You have to make your own cable since there is no out of the box cable either from victron nor from pytes. You have to switch CAN H/L from 7/8 on the victron side to 3/4 on pytes side...
1 Like 1 ·
bynigh66 avatar image bynigh66 flotsch commented ·
And where is the Victron GND (3) connected on Pytes? Which Pin?
0 Likes 0 ·
bynigh66 avatar image bynigh66 bynigh66 commented ·
Ok, I found it goes to DLG Pin2
0 Likes 0 ·
stony avatar image stony commented ·
Hello Ivo,

I'm also interested in feedbacks on the Pytes E-Box 48100 because of the price and the availability. I am using a Multiplus II 48/5000 with Cerbox GX and a Lynx Power Distributor. Just the batteries are missing du to the actual worldwide delivery situation. Can you please post your settings (especially voltage values) of the battery setting within the VE Config (Charger settings). I tried to get these values from pytes - but didn't got a proper information till now.

Best regards, Thomas
0 Likes 0 ·
flotsch avatar image flotsch stony commented ·
I set my installation to 56V. Pytes claims 57,5V max. charging voltage, but I assume that this is much to high

0 Likes 0 ·
chrisu313 avatar image chrisu313 commented ·
Hello Ivo,

I am installing 3 Multiplus II 48/5000 with Cerbo GX and 4x E-Box 48100.

Thank you for the pin configuration of the BMS cable. Did you change the dip-switch settings on the E-Box? Mine where all "off".

Are you using the temperature sensors which are delivered with the Multiplus II?

Best regards, Christian.

0 Likes 0 ·
bynigh66 avatar image bynigh66 chrisu313 commented ·
Hello chrisu313,

no Answer so far... Did you change the Dip Switch settings?

Best Regards,

Ronald

0 Likes 0 ·