question

xlman avatar image
xlman asked

Argodiode 180A 3 outputs with no D+ in car

Hi.

I want to install second battery on a van (Peugeot Traveller), and I have that argodiode with 3 outputs. But I cant find (And I search a lot...) D+ wire or fuse o similar, so I dont use it. Because as diagram indicate, D+ input must be connected on the side of the battery indicator, oposite of the wire that goes from that light, to the alternator. Cant find...

So, I Connect everything else, in normal config.. Alternator wire to input, and car battery+ to output 1 (I don´t connect at this moment second battery). But the car won´t start, as indicate "ECO MODE". It seems ECU signal problem... perhaps because I don´t connect D+ input. Don´t know.. anyway.

But I notice some things... with that 2 wires connected, each one in their position, and engine off, I have 12v (12.4 or similar), on tevery clamp!. Input and output1 (and Output2 and ouput3, that don´t haver wires). I think is because Output1, that goes to main battery has 12v. Is normal 12v also on input?? and on output2 and 3?

But as the car don´t start, well... I also connect on the input clamp, the wire from the main (Car)battery. I know.. that is not correct... But I want to make a bridge looking from the normal car config.

So, in the input clamp, I have wire from the alternator, and wire from main car battery. Together. And the car START ok!. All is working fine on the car. With that config, I ALSO have (like normal config), 12v on every output (engine off), and 14v on every output (engine ON).

I have some doubts.. Is normal, that in normal config, I have 12v on each outputs?? What happens If I connect second battery on output 2, if there are 12v, from main battery? It is not supposed is a Isolator? Is the normal config!, with input to the alternator and main battery to output1.

And with TWO wires (Alternator and main battery), connected to input, I also have 12v (off) and 14v(on).. so.. Can I connect second battery to the output?, leaving output1 empty?

Argo FET Diodeisolators
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic