question

anthony-raheb avatar image
anthony-raheb asked

AC charging

Dear all,

I have an installed Off-grid single phase system where rarely have AC input, the victron is designed to Cut-off at 48V Via ESS, and this works fine but the issue is when the AC input is back again it will not charge from the AC, it will wait until until it charged from solar until the restart voltage is attained or until i remotely restart the inverter.

I dont know if there is a missing checkbox to put in order to charge from AC when the low battery alarm is on and the system is off.

thanks,

battery chargingESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anthony-raheb avatar image anthony-raheb commented ·
it is the Multiplus II 5kVA

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Anthony Raheb
Please give more info on your system, like:
-what kind of batteries (CANbus or not?)
-what assistants (settings?)
-how is the GX powered? do the batteries switch off so it looses power?
-plus all other relevant info.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anthony-raheb avatar image anthony-raheb commented ·

hello Daniel,

- for the batteries, it is tubular battery via VEbus

- ESS assistant

- the Gx is powered from the batteries, and no it still connected when the inverter go below cut off voltage as i still configure and read the system remotely.

- regarding the generator control, it is external as when the inverter out is off, it will start automatically. this is as user request and i dont what to change it.

- what additional information you want. it is very simple pure off-grid project where solar power the load and charge the batteries until next day. when the battery bank go below cut-off voltage set the system should stop supplying and charge the battery from the generator until the restart cut - off voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Was there a resolution to this? I think I'm seeing the same.

Inverter set to cut-off at 22V.

If cut-off is achieved, unit will not charge from applied AC.

2 |3000