question

piemuth avatar image
piemuth asked

Detecting the status of a Victron LFP BMS battery (no smart)

Hello,

I would like to buy a used LPF battery. The owner says he bought it at the age of 1.5 years. Now it stood in his basement for over 1 year without any cables connected. No loading and no unloading. The measured voltage is 13.1 volts.

What is the chance, that the battery will still have its full capacity? Can there be problems?

I think I have no way to check it locally, because it is 600km away.

It is still a battery without "smart". Is it correct that at that time the cells of Winston (LiFeYPo) were installed? Does anyone know the date on which Victron switched from NO-SMART to SMART?

Or can I get the real age by asking Viltron with the serial-number?

Many Thanks

--

battery capacity
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

I don't know the answer, but it will probably help to state the exact type (voltage / capacity / ??)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
piemuth avatar image
piemuth answered ·

Sorry sure: LiFePo4 12,8-200Ah Lithium (no-smart)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Here's the manual, someone else might know if and what info you can get out of it with the ve.bus bms + venus or dongle

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-VE-BUS-BMS-EN-NL-FR-ES-DE.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic