question

cinequip avatar image
cinequip asked

MPPT 100/50 low charge current

My stats: 700w PV & 300aH LiFePO4 (3-100aH Renogy 'Smart' batteries), 12v system.

System worked great initially. A few months in, I noticed that solar could not fully recharge the batteries on full sunny days - my nightly draw down is about 100aH on a typical day. Checking the Victron app, noticed that PV voltage in the high 30's voltage, so good exposure, BUT current to batteries only about 1.0 amp. Battery voltage 13.2, and house load about 12A. Even if batteries aren't calling for power, the solar should be supplying the 12A house load. Checked circuit breakers, all cabling & terminals from PV and to battery - verified good. I killed PV power to MPPT, and upon reset, unit went to Bulk, but still only 1.0A charging.

My assumption is MPPT100/50 has gone defective. Anybody had this kind of failure?

mppt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Have you updated the software in the MPPT recently?

Would help if you attach the parameter settings.l from the charger.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic